- This event has passed.
2021 National Summit: Cultural Diversity and the Legal Profession: Towards a More Inclusive Future – Asian Australian Lawyers Summit
18 September @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Date: Saturday 18 September 2021
Time: The Summit begins at midday (AEST), with a series of sessions throughout the afternoon, to conclude around 4:00 PM.
Theme: ‘Cultural Diversity and the Legal Profession: Towards a More Inclusive Future’
Summit Agenda: coming soon.
The Summit keynote speakers include:
- Hon Diana Bryant AO QC, AALA National Patron and former Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia;
- Rt Hon Lord Justice Rabinder Singh, Court of Appeal of England and Wales;
- Cheryl Chan (2020 AALA Senior Lawyer of the Year);
- Remy Hii (actor, Neighbours and Crazy Rich Asians);
- Cross-cultural consultant, Tasneem Chopra OAM;
- Award-winning comedian Sami Shah; and,
- Hari Sivanesan will play you some sublime music. Hari has played for the BBC and with George Harrison from The Beatles.
Further speakers to be announced!
Who is the Summit for?
AALA is throwing its doors wide open to the entire community and is giving all people, including students, policy-makers, academics and practitioners, a chance to watch and participate in this conversation. The annual Summits are ideal for those who actively work in the legal industry and in roles of management, human resourcing and policy and law reform and equally for those people who work in the wider community to promote and advocate for intersectional diversity, inclusion and equal access to justice. The AALA National Cultural Diversity Summit is an ideal opportunity to expand your networks and ability to forge change.
The Summit will be hosted by CVENT. The CVENT platform will provide registrants a seamless Summit experience, providing registrants the opportunity to actively participate in the Summit’s discussions. The CVENT platform creates a dynamic and immersive experience, allowing registrants to connect with our Sponsors and Partners and network with fellow registrants. Participation in this way is optional and registrants are also welcome to simply join and stream the Summit if they wish.