Please do not attend a USQ Law Society in person event if you are feeling unwell.
If you are experiencing symptoms, call the Department of Health and Human Services dedicated novel coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398. Please note for events held in cafes, restaurants and other venues you will need to be double vaccinated to attend per Queensland Health restrictions.
The ‘Visibility Series’ Part 1: Associateships – presented by the AALA Qld Branch and Level Twenty Seven Chamber
24 August @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The AALA Qld Branch and Level Twenty Seven Chambers are delighted to invite you to their Visibility Series – Part 1: Associateships virtual panel event on Wednesday 24 August 2022 at 6:00pm by livestream.
Diversity matters. Visibility matters. Join online for the inaugural Visibility Series panel discussion on how to apply for judicial associateships, what associate positions are available in the various jurisdictions, what judicial officers look for in applicants, what the role of an associate entails, and how an associate can best support their judicial officer in the administration of justice. Panelists include:
- The Honourable Justice Kerri Mellifont of the Supreme Court of Queensland and President of the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Her Honour Judge Susan Purdon-Sully of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia
- His Honour Judge Bernard Porter QC of the District Court of Queensland
- His Honour Deputy President John W. Merrell of the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and the Industrial Court of Queensland
- Ms Georgia May, Senior Solicitor at Caxton Legal Centre and former Associate in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Ms Rachna Nagesh, Associate to a Justice of the Supreme Court of Queensland
Did you know that there are many associate positions available in a variety of different jurisdictions, courts and tribunals? Do you know how to apply for them and what requirements each jurisdiction may have? Have you diarised the opening and closing dates for the various associateship applications?
This is a unique opportunity for law students, law graduates, and early career lawyers to hear from, and ask questions of, our diverse panel of judicial officers and current and former Associates about the associateship experience and application process.
This event will be by livestream only due to COVID-19 social distancing measures. Please email any questions you would like to ask our panelists beforehand to email@example.com.